Deadline: 27 November 2016
Open to: young people (aged 18-23) from across Europe
Venue: 10-11 December 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia
The training will be organized in the context of Imagine Festival 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia. Imagine is the all-styles music competition for young artists that takes a different approach to the typical ‘music competition’. By promoting musical quality, originality, diversity, creativity, safe-sound and gender issues, Imagine creates a unique platform for young musicians to gain professional experience in a positive environment that enables them to develop their musical careers, self confidence and understanding of different peoples and cultures. All events have an educational/social dimension including trainings, workshops and masterclasses from industry professionals. The training will be held fully in English
- Audience Development (attracting new audiences, growing audiences)
- Gender equality in music (Gender considerations when planning cultural events)
- Lifelong Learning (Developing the Key Competences of young Cultural Managers)
- Sustainable practices in cultural management (New Business Models, Fundraising, Public Support)
- Participants should gain a solid understanding of the core issues around audience development, gender equality, life long learning and sustainable cultural practices.
- They should gain practical knowhow, so to be able to implement these ideas in their work as young event organisers.
- The should leave having strengthened their overall capacity to plan, identify, prepare and deliver better music events for a variety of audiences.
JM International is looking for 20 young participants, aged 18-23, currently enrolled in courses connected to cultural management or involved in the field. Participants may come from (but are not restricted to):
- European Union member countries;
- EU candidate countries (Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey);
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
- The training shall consist of 4 half-day sessions covering a total duration of 12 hours;
- Accommodation, travel costs (max 300 EUR per participant) and meals are covered by the organizer;
- The selected participants will be accommodated in a youth hostel in Zagreb.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, . Participants are expected to arrive in Zagreb on the 9th of December before 17:00 and depart on the 11th of December after 17:00. In specific cases, it is possible to stay an extra night until 12th of December, should the means of transport be more suitable that day.
More information on the official webpage.