Deadline: 31 January 2017
Open to: young people, at least 18 years old, who speak English fluently and are enthusiastic to work with kids
Venue: 3 or 5 weeks GoCamps all over Ukraine
Do you have or would like to get volunteer experience? Ukraine is calling for YOU to participate in a new wave of English summer camps for children in 2017, including those affected by the armed conflict in Eastern Ukraine. GOCamp is looking for English-speaking foreigners who would come to Ukraine and interact with the children in English, get great time, new friends and unforgettable experience! You will get special trainings and opportunity to share experience in following spheres: STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Leadership and Career, Citizenship, Sports&Health! Consider this great opportunity to volunteer abroad and discover Ukraine! Let’s change Ukraine together and make children`s dreams come true!
You may choose one of the following option:
- May 29 – June 16, 2017– 3 week GoCamps all over Ukraine (with free weekends and orientation training on May 26-28);
- March 27 – April 28, 2017 – 5 week GoCamp AfterSchool pilot project in Kyiv and Kyiv region (with free weekends and orientation training on March 25-26).
- To be at least 18 years old;
- Speak English fluently;
- Enthusiastic to work with kids;
- Have interest or experience in the spheres of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Citizenship, Leadership and Career Exploration, Sports and Health;
- Be willing to make impact in Ukraine.
The volunteer will get:
- Transfer from the Kyiv airport and orientation training after arrival to Kyiv;
- Pre-departure support by email;
- Visa support;
- Partial meals;
- Travel to your host community and back;
- SIM-cards for local calls;
- Support from office staff and a hotline 24/7;
- Certificate and recommendations and more.
The participation fee is 75 USD.
How to apply?
- Fill out the online application form;
- Submit a full package of documents (the list of documents will be sent);
- Sign of Agreement online;
To complete the registration process you need to send us following documents:
- Employment history (CV);
- Copy of valid ID;
- Copy of residence permit or equivalent (if you live in a country other than the country of current nationality);
- Health checks;
- Criminal record check;
- International medical insurance;
- Copy of tickets.
All confirmed volunteers should do an online child protection course from British Council. The link will be sent after confirmation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we determine that you are a good match for our program, we will invite you for a Skype interview. To apply, submit the application form by January 31, 2017. The earlier you submit your application the more options you will have for your camp site preference.
More information on the official website.