Deadline: 10 November 2016Open to: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders from Germany, Latvia, Poland, PortugalVenue: 13-22 January 2017, Latvia
International training course on comics’ creating as a creative learning tool to express personal stories and to promote healthy intercultural dialouge.
Migration is a contradictory and sensitive topic nowadays, rising fears, intolerance and prejudices all around Europe. Every youth worker, youth leader and trainer working internationally is a value-builder. Sooner or later they face the migration topic, so supportive tools on how to speak about the migration, how to raise awareness and empathy among young people towards migrants, including refugees and asylum seekers, and how to foster intercultural dialogue are very needed.
The objectives of the training course are:
*) to raise awareness and empathy about the current migration situation in Europe;
*) to gain practical skills of making comics and using comics as facilitation and learning tool in intercultural education;
*) to create comics that could be used as learning material on intercultural dialogue and to raise awareness of immigration issues in Europe.
As a result of the training, an e-book of the participants’ comics will be created and a travelling exhibition will be organized in the partner countries.
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders from Germany, Latvia, Poland, Portugal.
- Accommodation, food and working materials are covered;
- There is a symbolic participation fee of EUR 20 per participant;
- Travel reimburesement will be done by bank transfer after the training on certain conditions: the cheapest means of transportation are chosen; you have actively participated in the whole training course and organized comics’ exhibition in your home country after the training; you have provided all the original travel documents (tickets, invoices, boarding passes). N.B;
- Travel reimbursement cannot exceed these limits (per participant): Latvia – 25 EUR; Poland – 200 EUR; Germany – 200 EUR; Portugal – 380 EUR.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this training please fulfill the online application form latest by 10 November 2016.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact Sintija Lase at:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone: +37122088990.
For more information, please check out the official call.