Deadline: 9 September 2016
Open to: candidates with Master thesis or comparable academic degree in a relevant field with a good knowledge of Italian and English, written and spoken
Scholarships: monthly net income EUR 1,400 plus funding for educational activities EUR 1,370 per student
The objective of this PhD position is to deepen the knowledge on how to save energy in renovation of historic and protected buildings in a cost efficient way without losing their heritage value. The research will assess replicable procedures on how experts can work together with integrated design to maintain both the heritage value of the building and at the same time make it energy efficient.
The PhD will be realized within a scholarship at the Polytechnic University of Milan, for which the candidate has also to apply via the foreseen procedure there. Study and work environment for this PhD position will be both EURAC research in Bolzano and the Polytechnic University of Milan.
- Identify replicable procedures on how experts can work together with integrated design to maintain both the expression of the building, and at the same time make it energy efficient;
- Identify replicable solutions from case studies. Connect and integrate ongoing R&D on conservation compatible retrofit solutions;
- Assessment of technical solutions form both energy and conservation point of view;
- Focus either on
– SubTask B (Multidisciplinary Planning process);
– SubTask C (Conservation compatible retrofit solutions).
- Use of different tools to reach the research aims as e.g.
– hygrothermal simulation;
– static and dynamic energy performance calculation;
– monitoring on environmental and energetic parameters;
– data elaboration;
– sensitivity ananlysis and;
– multiobjective optimization.
- Participation in Task activities and meetings;
- Publication in recognized international journals and contributions to international conferences.
- Master thesis or comparable academic degree in a relevant field;
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, written and spoken;
- Ability to work autonomously, in a team and with project partners;
- Knowledge of building physics;
- Building modelling, energy dynamic simulation, optimization strategies;
- Comprehension of conservation principles;
- Familiarity with RES integrated in building system;
- Energy economics fundamentals.
- Monthly net income: EUR 1,400 (max 36 months) [In case of a change of the welfare rates during the three-year period, the amount could be slightly modiﬁed];
- Additional support: Funding for educational activities: EUR 1,370 per student [for the 2nd and 3rd year].
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) Latest by 9 September 2016 to the following address:
For further information please contact Elena Lucchi: Tel: +39 0471 055 653.
For more information, please visit this website.