Deadline: 13 July 2016
Open to: everybody from 18 years old
Venue: 18 July 2016 – 30 July 2016 Village of Pidkamin, Lviv region, Western Ukraine
Pidkamin is a village in Lviv region in Western Ukraine and is famous for the picturesque landscapes, Devil’s rock and medieval monastery from XIII century. The Pidkamin Monastery not only served as a monastery but also as a fortress in times of war. The castle had a tragic history in XX century it served as a concentration camp of Soviets in the 30s, Nazi occupation, in USSR was converted to psychiatric hospital, but now it serves as a monastery again and the Monks are conducting renovation works. The aim of the project is to contribute to the renovation of the monastery.
Type of Work: Basic renovation work, cleaning up caves and historic well (removing soil and ‘historic layers’) work on the territory of the monastery.
Study Theme: Аbout history of the monastery and the region. The volunteers will have an opportunity to learn a lot about Ukrainian traditions and culture.
- Volunteers should be above 18;
- Anyone interested in voluntary work.
- Accommodation is on the territory of the monastery in one of the buildings. Bring a sleeping bag;
- Food is covered by the monastery, the monks will cook for you and in the weekends volunteers will have to prepare food for themselves;
- The fee is 25 EUR;
- Travel expenses should be covered by the participants.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity contact the organizers at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit the official website.