Deadline: 20 July 2016
Open to: everybody from 18 years old
Venue: 26 July- 08 August 2016, Ivkivtsi, Cherkasy district,Central Ukraine
The camp will take place in the Ivkivtsi village and its community in Cherkasy district, Central Ukraine. The framework of the camp is generated by the larger project called “Image Mapping. The “Image Mapping” project is meant to promote interesting and bright rural communities for the development of green tourism with the help of media and civic activating instruments.
Type of Work: Basic renovation work, painting, fitting out touristic spots around the village, working close with the local community and other activists from the “Pangeya Ultima”. Participants will produce special installations and benches for the touristic route, will ornament the local bus-stop, carry out mass events for and together with the local community representatives (e.g. concert, games for children, fair).
Study Theme: The history of Ivkivtsi village is strongly intertwined with the Cossacks period in the history of Ukraine. One of the Cossacks capitals of the XVII century – Chyhyryn is at hand’s distance and the village itself is rich for the architectural, cultural artifacts of that period.
- Everyone interested in volunteering;
- Everybody older than 18 years old.
- The accommodation is in the tents on the territory of the green tourism estate or the public space allocated by the local administration. The participants should bring a sleeping bag;
- The volunteers will cook for themselves;
- The fee is 25 EUR;
- Traveling expenses should be covered by the participants.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this volunteering project contact the organizers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official website.