Deadline: 7 September 2016
Open to: journalists, activists, academics, and practitioners in a variety of fields
Fellowship: EUR 70, 764 – 88, 455 / year
The Open Society Fellowship supports individuals seeking innovative and unconventional approaches to fundamental open society challenges. The fellowship funds work that will enrich public understanding of those challenges and stimulate far- reaching and probing conversations within the Open Society Foundations and in the world.
Successful projects should push the boundaries of current thinking and carry lessons that can be applied to a variety of settings. Applicants should carefully consider the impact they want their work to have and the audiences they wish to reach. They should than think creatively about the activities and work products that will reach these audiences most effectively.
- Journalists, activists, academics, and practitioners in a variety of fields;
- Specialists who can see beyond the parochialism of their field and possess the tenacity to complete a project of exceptional merit;
- Only for individual applications.
- One year fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 70, 764 – 88, 455 depending on work experience, seniority, and current income;
- In addition to the stipend, fellows will receive a project budget (may include expenses such as travel, airfare and hotel, visa costs, part-time research assistance, conference fees and health insurance).