Deadline: 10 June 2016
Open to: holders of at least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations holders with knowledge of current affairs, particularly of cultural scene in Euro-MENA region
Remuneration: will depend on the experience of the candidate
The Cultural Innovators Network (CIN) is a transnational network which aims to promote cultural experimentation and innovation across borders, and sees creativity as a fundamental component of change. The network is unique in bringing together cultural innovators from overlapping domains and sectors – including media, performing arts, visual arts, literature, design, social enterprise, active citizenship and peace work – and facilitating their creative collaboration and mutual learning.
CIN is seeking a Communications Officer who will help to ensure the highest standards in the delivery of CIN’s communications tools, by providing strong drafting and editing skills, strong analysis and effective communication skills. The Communications Officer will be responsible to foster a smooth information flow between The Steering committee/members throughout the international network in order to produce communications for an external audience across a variety of platforms. The Communications Officer will work closely together with the responsible member of the Steering committee.
- Demonstrated experience of 2-3 years in the field of media and journalism and/or Public Relations;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations, preferably on a Euro-MENA level;
- Ability to produce and edit written communications in a clear and concise style;
- Ability to conceptualize and coordinate the production of multimedia materials;
- Ability to tailor language, tone, style and format to match audience;
- Proven experience drafting and editing communications materials for a variety of audiences;
- Proven ability to cultivate contacts and develop networks;
- Social media and multi-media knowledge;
- Experience in communication strategy development and implementation;
- Organised and able to fulfill his/her tasks independently;
- Knowledge of design software is a plus;
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset;
- Strong team player; proven ability to work in a diverse team; able to work independently;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
The salary will depend on the experience of the candidate, see bellow the position’s benefits:
- Working experience in an on-line environment;
- A part-time position on a freelance basis;
- The possibility to work independently and the opportunity to participate in some of CIN events across Euro-MENA;
- The possibility to create an innovative and forward-looking social media and communication;
- Concept and strategy for the organisation;
- The possibility to be part of a vibrant network of young cultural innovators.
How to apply?
Applications that will be taken in account should include:
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words);
- A CV (max two pages) including contact details of two former or present employers for referencen
- An unedited English-language writing sample by the applicant.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Application Communication Officer) until 10 June 2016 at 23:59 CET.