Deadline: 23 May 2016
Open to: candidates with at least 1 year relevant communications experience in a busy network-based organisation working on multiple topic and with native speaker standard of English
Remuneration: salary EUR 2,260-EUR 2,697 gross, plus benefits
Friends of the Earth Europe is looking for an experienced Communications Officer. Selected candidate should start as soon as possible, for a fixed period of 9 months (sabbatical cover). This is a great opportunity to join the communications team in the European office of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network and support campaigns on issues including climate and energy, corporate power, trade, food, biodiversity and resource use.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend work as well as occasional inter-national travel.
Conditions are according to Belgian legislation including the legal ability to live and work in Belgium. Applications from people of any ethnic, social and religious background, sexual orientation and gender identity, and particularly from groups that are under-represented in the environmental movement are encouraged to apply for this position.
Essential requirements for this position:
- At least 1 year relevant communications experience in a busy network-based organisation working on multiple topics;
- Native speaker standard of English;
- The ability to write easy-to-understand, engaging copy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrable commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth;
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- Strong organisation and time-management skills;
- High levels of motivation, strong team member, creativity, flexibility, sense of humour, easy-going, political awareness.
Salary EUR 2,260- EUR 2,697 gross, plus benefits (13th month, lunch vouchers, pension scheme and hospitalisation insurance).
How to apply?
In order to apply for this position please send a letter of motivation and a CV to: Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org by midday, 23 May 2016.
Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official website.