Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to: minimum 2 years of experience with EU policies and advocacy related to the financial services areas
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
Better Finance is looking for the replacement of its Policy Officer in Brussels. The successful candidate will be in charge of policy work, as well as being required to cooperate closely with other members of the team. Better Finance is team of a young, flexible, and dynamic organisation and they offer a challenging job in the international working environment with travel opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor EU development, policies and actions related to European financial services;
- To develop or help develop reports, position papers and responses to consultations on current issues related to the scope of Better Finance’s interests;
- To manage the Better Finance working groups aimed at collecting the input and developing consensus between member organisations on EU shareholder and financial policy issues;
- To meet EU policy makers and participate to meetings, conferences and advisory groups related to the scope of Better Finance’s interests;
- To manage research on specific EU financial policy issues – To develop contacts and advocacy with various bodies of the EU institutions;
- To cooperate closely with other members of the team and other Better Finance experts and assist with communications and/or administrative matters when needed.
The Policy Officer reports to the Managing Director.
They are looking forward to welcoming an enthusiastic team player in our small Brussels’ team, willing to take initiative within the portfolio of tasks assigned. The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Be committed to Better Finance’s mission;
- Minimum 2 years of experience with EU policies and advocacy related to the financial services areas;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (working language) as well as an excellent command of French and/or German required. Candidates must have excellent levels of at least two of the languages;
- Good command of economic and financial concepts, and interest in financial issues, financial regulation and their impact on EU citizens;
- Be a results-oriented self-starter, and a self-motivated non-partisan individual, with a sense of leadership and loyalty;
- Be a team player.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply?
Please send your application in English (CV and a motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “Application for Policy Officer” in the subject before 31 May 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.