Deadline: 13 May 2016
Open to: highly motivated young with good command of English
Venue: 28-29 May 2016, ADA University, Baku, Azerbaijan
YouthMUN is a Model UN conference organized by ADA University Model United Nations club with support of Ministry of Youth and Sport, and UNDP Azerbaijan. The club, operating since 2012, aims to promote education through simulation of different UN bodies where students from various countries all around the world get a chance to practice their knowledge in academic debates. ADA MUN provides a platform for young and talented people to discuss global issues from the role of global leaders.
In this year’s session three different committees will be simulated with the below given topics:
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: “Preventing drug use among youth”;
- International Court of Justice: “Marshall Islands vs UK”;
- Historical Crisis Committee: “The status of Palestine territory after first Arab-Israeli war”.
YouthMUN Conference sessions will take place on 28-29 May 2016. ADAMUN club will hold opening ceremony of the conference at 18:00, 27 May with the participation of official guests from university and sponsor institutions.
- Have a good command of English;
- Have an interest in politics and diplomatic negotiations;
- Be available on the event days;
- Have a strong motivation.
- Participation fee in this event is AZN 25 (approx. EUR 15), which includes lunch, coffee break, and conference materials;
- You may also apply for SCHOLARSHIPS provided by Ministry of Youth and Sport, and UNDP Azerbaijan, which will be allocated among first-time participants and experienced MUNers on equal basis.
How to apply?
- The selection of the all participants will be based on responses to essay questions regarding motivation as well as past and future involvement in issues to be tackled during the Model UN conference;
- The organizers will take a look at your professional and/or educational and/or volunteering background to see how it is positioning you in a way that would help you disseminate what you will learn;
- The applicants’ level of English proficiency will play a role in the selection process;
- The scholarships will be allocated among first-time participants and experienced MUNers on equal basis. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview starting from May 14.
In order to apply, register HERE.
For any additional information, you may contact organizers: email@example.com or please visit the Facebook page.