Deadline: application process on a rolling basis
Open to: good students, between 16-17 years old
Scholarship: based on merit, offered need-based full and partial scholarships
The Eastern Mediterranean International School (EMIS) is a unique international boarding high school with a mission of making education a force for peace and sustainability in the Middle East. Located in Hakfar Hayarok, a youth village and educational campus at the center of Israel. The student body comprises students from the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle Eastern regions, along with students from all over the world. EMIS’s academic program follows the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. The EMIS experience teaches respect towards others, dialogue, and the value of peace. It provides learning about the environment and promotes sustainability as a way of life. EMIS cultivates personal leadership, entrepreneurship, community involvement and service, and taking a stand for a better world for us and our children.
- Applicants must be 16 or 17 year old during 2016;
- Be very good students, able to be independent learners and thinkers, and be able to study in English the high-level academic material of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (www.ibo.org);
- Have good spoken and written English;
- Have demonstrated significant community involvement or leadership activity;
- Be curious, and excited about learning in a different environment;
- Open to new experiences, cultures and people, able to practice tolerance through living and sharing with peers from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Students are selected based on merit, from all over over the world, and offered need-based full and partial scholarships.
How to apply?
The application process is entirely online. First you need to fill out the application form afterwards you will have access to your personal account. Initial consultations and interviews can all be done via Skype or phone.
Please note that you will need the following documents:
- A legible photocopy of your passport;
- A legible photocopy of both parents passports;
- 2 recommendation letters – at least one letter needs to be from an academic teacher, the other may come from an extracurricular supervisor – both should have known the applicant for more than a year;
- Your previous year’s report card, and by February 2016 this year’s mid-year report card (if not in English, an English translation must be provided);
- Your vaccinations report;
- A health form signed by your doctor;
- Any other proof of your extracurricular activities;
- A registration fee of 50 USD paid via Credit Card or Bank Transfer.
The application process in EMIS is done on a “Rolling Basis” – meaning the earlier you apply, the higher your chances to be admitted AND there is greater scholarship availability.
For further information, please visit the the official website.