Deadline: 16 May 2016
Open to: graduate students or early career professionals with a passion for storytelling and a common goal of elevating science literacy
Fellowship: travel stipend, conference costs and a modest per diem
Jackson Hole WILD and WGBH are currently accepting fellowship applications for the 2016 Science Media Awards and Summit in the Hub (SMASH16). This biennial conference will bring together more than 300 leading scientists, producers, filmmakers, writers and technology innovators. Fellows will be in Boston from September 19-22 for three days of conference programming, as well as special pre-conference workshops.
Prior to the September conference, SMASH16 fellows will have an opportunity to participate in the preliminary judging process of Jackson Hole WILD’s Science Media Awards film competition, a process that takes place in June and July. Preliminary judges review and rank film competition entries remotely through an online portal. Award winners will be announced at a gala celebration on September 21 at the Harvard Art Museum in Boston.
- Be graduate students or early career professionals looking to elevate their careers through structured networking opportunities with leading scientists and science communicators from around the world;
- Have diverse backgrounds and experience;
- Share a passion for storytelling and a common goal of elevating science literacy across the globe.
- Both international and domestic fellows are encouraged to apply;
- Approximately half of the fellowship positions will be awarded to scientists engaged in any STEM discipline, and half will be awarded to burgeoning media makers hailing from film, radio or online media.
The SMASH16 fellowship will provide a travel stipend, conference costs and a modest per diem.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “SMASH16 fellowship.” In the body of the email, applicants should include a brief description of any prior experiences engaging public audience in scientific discourse.
The application deadline is May 16, 2016. After a one month selection process, the fellowship winners will be announced June 17, 2016.
More information on the official website.