Deadline: 14 April 2016
Open to: recent graduates or students who are close to completing their master’s studies
Remuneration: EUR 1,050 per month
The Directorate General Communications of the European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking applications from recent graduates, or students who are close to completing their studies, to participate in a traineeship in its Language Services Division for a period of 3 months.
The Language Services Division is responsible for providing the ECB with linguistic expertise and support in the official languages of the European Union (EU).
The aim of the traineeship is to give the successful applicant the opportunity to gain experience in translation-related tasks. While at the ECB, the trainee is expected to contribute to the translation of texts from English into French, the revision of texts in French and the proofreading of texts in French destined for publication. The successful applicant is also expected to identify, extract and compile terminology – in particular in the financial and economic fields – and to align relevant previously translated texts, thereby expanding the Division’s existing French translation memories. The trainee’s work will be revised by the staff translators of the Division’s French unit.
The traineeship will take place in Frankfurt,Germany.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge and competencies:
- Master’s degree (or qualification of an equivalent level) in modern languages or translation, or be a student currently in their final year of such a course, or be a graduate who is pursuing (or has recently completed) postgraduate studies in translation;
- Mastery-level command of French;
- Interest in financial and economic affairs would be an asset;
- Familiarity with a terminology management package such as SDL MultiTerm, and with the suite of SDL translation tools, would be an asset;
- Advanced-level command of English with proven drafting ability;
- Very good knowledge of at least one other official language of the EU;
- Working knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
The trainee grant is the exact amount of EUR 1,050 per month. The trainee grant is increased to EUR 1,900 per month for trainees who have completed at least two years of PhD study and who apply for a traineeship vacancy that requires such a level of qualification.
How to apply?
In order to apply you should register online HERE and follow the instructions. Deadline for applying is 14 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.