Open to: currently seeking or have obtained a graphic design, visual communication or related arts degree
Remuneration: USD 12-15/hour (based on experience)
Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. They work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing. PSI is seeking a graphic design intern to support the External Relations and Communications which is charged with telling the story of PSI’s health impact, branding the image of PSI to external and internal audiences and supporting their projects and programs. The position is based in Washington, DC and will report directly to the Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Design Intern will have a variety of duties for different projects related to PSI’s activities. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Edit photos, adhere to branding guidelines;
- Help maintain photo database and assist with photo collection tasks;
- Work as a part of a communications team;
- Offer design ideas for topical blog posts and other projects;
- Design infographics, briefs, flyers, invitations, logos, print collateral and apply edits to current projects;
- Other design-related tasks as they arise;
- Photo selection for blog pieces, resizing photos.
Skills and Qualifications of Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator;
- Knowledge of video editing (iMovie or Premiere Pro) recommended;
- Must be currently seeking or have obtained a graphic design, visual communication or related arts degree;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Exceptional creativity and innovation;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Understanding of the latest design trends.
The intern will receive USD 12-15/hour based on experience for 20 hours per week, spread over 3 days per week.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should fill in the online application form and submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to Sophie Greenbaum (email@example.com).
For more information please visit the official webpage.