Deadline: 11 April 2016
Open to: artists working (alone or in teams of two) in any discipline, from around the world and of all ages
Costs: free of charge, travel costs, daily expenses supplied/ a stipend to all participants provided
Sound Development City gives artists time – time for processes to develop, for experimentation, for taking new paths – but also time to go astray, to detect and discover the unexpected.
Sound Development City is looking for independent and dedicated project proposals that are to be tested and put into practice during a three-week journey to Madrid and Casablanca in September 2016. The artist expedition is a laboratory for the exploration of creative strategies, bold visions and forms of expressions. Sound Development City is an adventure, a place for experimentation, and a research lab, and it offers a productive environment for exchange and collaboration.
- Artists working in any discipline, from around the world and of all ages;
- Artists who distinguish themselves through a process-oriented approach to their work, through curiosity and an explorative mindset;
- Creative people, who make use of the intensity of the expedition in a productive and innovative way;
- Have an inter-disciplinary interest, as well as openness towards collaboration are beneficial;
- The selected artists must agree to take part in the expedition throughout its entire duration;
- Public presentations or performances are integral to the program.
- The participation in the project is free of charge;
- Travel costs, daily expenses and budget required for materializing the individual projects are supplied;
- Sound Development City provides a stipend to all participants.
How to apply?
In order to take part in this contest you need to fill out application form. Applications must include:
- A project proposal;
- Portfolio as PDFs;
- A short video message.
There is no thematic focus. Submissions can be sound-related, or not. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any further questions.
For more information, visit the official website.