Deadline: 18 March 2016
Open to: candidates who hold University degree in communications, public relations, human rights, or a related field and who are experienced in working in a communications environment
Remuneration: remuneration will be fixed in accordance with the education, experience, and demonstrated skills of the selected candidate
The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) is a dynamic public interest law organisation at the forefront of human rights advocacy on behalf of Roma throughout Europe. The ERRC seeks qualified applicants for two Communications Officer positions. Based in Budapest, the Communications Officers keep the ERRC at the forefront of Roma rights issues in Europe, making sure key actors, institutions, and the general public are aware of our work and Roma rights issues more generally, and that these issues are, and remain, on their agendas. The Communications Officers help to ensure the highest standards in the delivery of ERRC communications outputs by supporting the organisation with strong drafting and editing skills, strong analysis, and effective communication skills.
- University degree in communications, public relations, human rights, or a related field;
- Experience working in a communications environment;
- Ability to work in English, including ability to present ERRC positions concisely;
- Proven experience drafting and editing communications materials for a variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant issues, structures and contacts; proven ability to cultivate contacts and develop networks;
- Social media and multi-media knowledge;
- Attentive to deadlines, flexible and able to deal with high workload;
- Strong team player;
- Proven ability to work in a diverse team;
- Able to work independently;
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of Roma rights;
- Willingness to travel for work, either alone or with colleagues.
Remuneration will be fixed in accordance with the education, experience, and demonstrated skills of the selected candidate. The ERRC also offers a fringe-benefits package.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit by email, to Hajnalka Nemeth: email@example.com latest by 18 March 2016 following documents:
- A cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Salary history;
- An English-language writing sample of work unedited by others;
- A list of three referees.
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official website.