Deadline: 3 March 2016
Open to: graduates from the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, and Turkey with bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent
Remuneration: not specified
The program specialist is a professional program role at the Open Society Foundations, performing a wide range of responsibilities that materially advance both portfolio and other program strategies. The Roma Initiatives Office’s strategic goal in this field is to support the most outstanding Roma graduates from across Europe to take roles as advocates who are proud of their Roma background as well as competent and confident enough to lead transformative change for their communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education; graduate degree desirable;
- Experience in working on Roma issues;
- Strong commitment to inclusion and respect for all colleagues regardless of identity or seniority;
- Knowledge of Romani language and other languages where the Roma Initiatives Office works is an advantage;
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English;
- Excellent technological skills, including social media;
- Ability to recognize and work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints.
This role functions as part of a team of Program Officers, Administrative Specialists, and administrative/operational staff. Responsibilities are carried out with a high degree of independence. The salary it is not specified.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this job position, you will have to register on online platform latest by 3 March 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.