Deadline: 7 December 2015
Open to: international researchers and academics with PhD
Fellowship: consists of a monthly stipend of EUR 700, accommodation and international transportation to and from the home country
New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania – announces the competition for Fellowships in the academic year 2016-17. The program targets young Romanian and international researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics. The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects, and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC publication. Working languages are English, French, and German. Duration of the Fellowship can be:
- A full academic year (10 months, October through July);
- A one-term fellowship (October through February, or March through July).
The fellowship is open to international researchers and academics. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. title. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship. A good command of English is desirable.
The Fellowship consists of a monthly stipend of EUR 700 (tax free), accommodation, international transportation to and from the home country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the Fellowship, as well as for season holidays. The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (EUR 2,600 for transportation, accommodation). As an alternative, they can opt for field research, in Romania or outside it.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 7 December 2015. The applications will be submitted by e-mail only to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The documents appended to the application form (with the exception of the letters of recommendation) will be attached to the application message. In the Subject field of the message please write: “NEC Fellowships”. A complete application consists of:
- A recent photo;
- The application form (in Microsoft Word format), completed in English, French, or German;
- At least 2 original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly in support of your application for the NEC Fellowship Program 2016-17. The letters of reference should be e-mailed by the referees directly to the address: email@example.com;
- Scanned document(s) proving that the applicant holds the Ph.D. title.
For more information please visit the official website.