Deadline: 19 June 2015
Open to: Holders of degree in Finance and/or Accounting with work experience
Payment: not specified
The European Roma Rights Center (ERRC) is a public interest law organisation that defends the human rights of Roma throughout Europe and serves as a legal resource centre for advocates working in this field since 1996.
The Financial Officer handles financial matters related to projects, including project budget proposals and project financial reporting. She/he supports financial reporting towards management, board of directors, and project donors. She/he ensures compliance with project donor conditions and Hungarian financial regulations.
- Preparing project budgets in close cooperation with Department Directors and Finance Director;
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting on projects run by ERRC;
- Ongoing Controlling and assessing project expenditure against budgets, preparation of quarterly forecasts;
- Extracting and copying financial receipts required for project donor reporting;
- Maintaining regular communication with project partners concerning finances;
- Providing project reports for auditing procedures and liaise with auditors as required;
- Supporting external accountants in maintaining a general ledger with sufficient cost center coding to enable necessary project,donor, ERRC and Hungarian regulation reporting;
- Helping operational staff members in understanding their budgets, and making payments, advances to consultants, service providers;
- Maintaining a filing system with original employment/service/consultants contracts, and ensuring all related documents are obtained (tax resident certificates, etc.);
- Contributing to the preparation for the annual audit;
- Maintaining record of leave time for all employees;
- Taking over accounting tasks of other Finance staff at times of his/her absence;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Degree in Finance and/or Accounting;
- At least 5 years’ experience in business planning, budgeting and reporting in an international organisation. (Experience in Project Fund/Foundation accounting an advantage);
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Advanced English both written and spoken;
- Advanced user abilities with Excel are a must. (other Microsoft programs an advantage);
- Familiarity with working in the Hungarian financial/tax environment.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit a Motivation letter, Detailed CV in English and Hungarian, together with reference contact details for two present or former employers (from immediate supervisor), at: email@example.com
For more information, please check the official web-page.