Deadline: 5 June 2015
Open to: youngsters that want to be more actively involved in community energy projects and entrepreneurship
Venue: Šolta Island , Croatia, 27 July – 1 August 2015
The Sustainable Energy Youth Network Academy aims to detect common ground between different practices in a variety of European countries and wants to increase Europe-wide participation of young people in the creation of new community-rooted initiatives. With a unique curriculum that has been developed through collaboration with experts from green/renewable energy sector, the Sustainable Energy Youth Network Academy wants to ensure participants get quality education and training in renewable energy and apply this to the transition to a clean energy future. One of the academy aims is to build a network of young people from different European countries engaged in community renewable energy to document good practice, share experiences and create support/solidarity networks.
After taking part in the academy, participants will get a chance to mobilize their peers in the community around different forms of collaboration around sustainable energy, primarily in building up local cooperatives. They will become active SEYN members and promoters, and through innovative actions will assist in decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and investments in dirty industries.
The Sustainable Energy Youth Network Academy offers to participants:
- Practical work on RES project;
- Skills oriented workshop;
- In-depth work in five thematic modules (COMMONS, COMMUNITY, EUROPE, PROJECTS, SEYN);
- Networking and friendship making;
- Improved foreign language competencies;
- Increased sense of initiative and green entrepreneurship;
- Enhanced intercultural awareness;
- Increased motivation for taking part in future (formal/non-formal) education and training.
Young people from different European countries engaged in community renewable energy who are able to document good practice, share experiences and create support/solidarity networks are invited to apply for the program.
Organizers will reimburse travel expanses in amount of up to EUR 200 per participant travelling from European destination. However, beforehand participants will be asked to provide information on travel costs. For Croatian participants travel costs will not be covered. For participants coming from close region (Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Macedonia and Montenegro) organizators will will reimburse their travel expanses up to EUR 50. Travel costs will be reimbursed once full travel documentation is delivered to the organizers to accounts of the respective participants.
For all participants, organizers will cover costs of accommodation and meals. Academy fee is EUR 50 and it will cover – three meals per day, workshops and materials.
For interested applicants, application package is compiled of:
- One page biography with contact details (phone, email);
- Short biographical motivation letter that explains how your current engagement fits into Sustainable energy youth network goals and activities (are you planing to become an active SEYN member, describe how do you see your role, would you like to occasionally publish something for SEYN web page, are you already active on SEYN Facebook page, are there some similar groups in your country with which SEYN could connect..) (minimum 4000 characters);
- Essay, article or short video (for essay or article minimum 4000 characters) in which you describe and give your opinion about interesting energy projects in your area4) Optional – Your SEYN energy project that you would like to work on during your time at the academy. For SEYN it’s very important that you indicate in the text of your motivation letter what is yours previous knowledge in the field of community energy, sustainable energy projects, energy cooperatives etc.
The working language throughout the program is English and please note that translation is not to be provided. Therefor, fluency in spoken and written English is one of the pre-conditions to participate in the program.
Your application package should be sent to email@example.com