Deadline: 31 July 2015
Open to: candidates with at least bachelor degree
Fellowship: for graduate and/or doctoral candidate 900 Euros/month; for post-doctoral research grants 1,200 Euros/month + allowance for travelling to Berlin
Launched in 2009, the International Scholarship Programme offers scholars from around the world the opportunity to spend one to three months on a research residency at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. The programme supports research projects that bear direct relation to the diverse institutions and rich collections of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. It aims to strengthen the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin’s position within the international scholarly network and is therefore aimed specifically at foreign scholars who do not reside in Germany. The programme especially promotes young researchers. The scholarships allow researchers to work on their project and make professional contacts at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. As a result, they also get to participate in the scholarly and cultural life within the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin and Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz.
The programme is open for graduate scholars, postgraduates and doctoral candidates as well as post-docs and professors who do not have their residence in Germany. The applicants must hold at least bachelor degree at the time of application.
Amounts of monthly grants are:
- Graduate and/or doctoral-candidate grants with a bachelor degree: 900 Euros per month;
- for post-doctoral research grants holding a doctorate or comparable qualification: 1,200 Euros per month;
In addition, a one time allowance for traveling from and to Berlin for up to 500 Euros may be granted upon presentation of the appropriate proofs.
How to apply?
The application for a grant for 2016 has to be handed in by 31 July 2015. The application has to be submitted directly to the general director of the SMB. The following application documents must be submitted:
- Completed application form;
- Tabular CV;
- Two letters of recommendation from university teachers about the candidate’s academic qualification (only for graduates/doctoral-candidates);
- List of publications;
- Copies of college/university diplomas and of certificates indicating the conferral of academic degrees;
- Detailed exposition of the project with statements concerning the overall aim, method and the preparatory work already achieved.
The application shall be send via e-mail to email@example.com or as unbound/untacked papers not later than 31 July 2015 to the following address:
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
D – 10785 Berlin
For more information please check the official website.