Deadline: 15 April 2015
Open to: university degree in social/political/economic sciences, advanced degree is an asset, 5-year relevant work experience
Remuneration: not specified
The main objective of the project is to contribute in structuring regional thematic cooperation and coordination between civil society and public authorities from targeted countries to improve environment for youth activism and participation, in particular of young people with fewer opportunities.
The objective of the Consultancy is to provide support to lead applicant ALDA and co-applicants in the implementation of the project „Balkan regional platform for youth participation and dialogue”. Period of engagement is April- August 2015.
According to the call from Local Democracy Agency – LDA Prijedor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the expert associate will be engaged to:
- Design and undertake regional comparative desk research that will result an in-depth insight of present state of youth and youth related issues in targeted Balkan countries;
- Design questionnaires for local field researches to collect local data that will complement regional comparative desk research;
- Analyze collected data and produce study paper based on regional and local results of surveys undertaken.
Both researches must be designed and conducted in a way to provide statistically reliable and relevant data. The Consultant would be responsible to lead applicant ALDA and co-applicants, for the quality of the material produced at the end of the project.
- University degree in social/political/economic sciences, advanced degree is an asset;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of research work;
- Knowledge of youth policies in the Balkan region and EU;
- Good understanding of local governance/municipal administration;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of at least one of the local languages of the countries included (preferably a native speaker);
- Excellent knowledge of English (working level);
- Demonstrated analytic and writing capacity;
- Experience in donor funded projects and working in international environment would be considered as advantage.
It is not specified.
Interested candidates should send motivation letter, CV and references relevant for the assignment to the following e- mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 April 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.