Deadline: 19 June 2015
Open to: NGO’s, civic organizations, associations, independent media and other similar organizations around the world
Grants: US 50,000
National Endowment for Democracy (NED) each year, makes direct grants to hundreds of non-governmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions. The foundation provides more than 1000 grants per year to NGOs promoting democracy in more than 90 countries.
- Central & Eastern Europe;
- Latin America & Caribbean;
- Middle East & North Africa.
- Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law;
- Support freedom of information and independent media;
- Strengthen democratic ideas and values;
- Promote accountability and transparency;
- Strengthen civil society organizations;
- Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions;
- Promote civic education;
- Support democratic conflict resolution;
- Promote freedom of association;
- Strengthen a broad-based market economy.
- Applicants have to be civic organizations, associations, independent media or other similar non-government organizations;
- Applicant organizations should be working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions;
- Individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities are not eligible for the fund.
Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months and is around $50,000.
All applications must include the following documents:
- Online application;
- Proposal Cover Sheet;
- Proposal Narrative (see the proposal guideline);
- Interim Assessment (for renewal proposals only);
- Proposal Budget (please follow the additional guideline and use the budget template available here);
- Registration Documents (if applicable).
You can also apply by sending all this document on e-mail address to email@example.com
or by post to:
National Endowment for Democracy:
Attn: Grant Proposals
1025 F Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20004 USA
It is also possible to apply by fax: +1 (202) 378-9407
The next application deadline is 19 June 2015.
For more information please visit the official webpage.