Deadline: 25 March 2015
Open to: Young people from 20 till 30 coming from Portugal, Finland, France, Cyprus, Germany, Spain and Portugal
Benefits: food allowance, pocket money, travel expenses to/from Croatia, local transportation, visa and health insurance costs
The EVS “Community agents” is a great youth opportunity for active engagement by meeting challenges, developing new knowledge and life skills in order to improve their social and professional paths. Participants from different backgrounds and different countries will build solidarity between local and international communities and promote volunteerism as a tool for social cohesion, peace building and participatory development. Objectives of the project are to empower and encourage youth to act as multipliers in a local community with non formal education, volunteerism, cultural differences and EU citizenship as a generative engine for self-development and leadership. Volunteers are welcome to suggest their ideas, activities and projects for youth. Our mission is to establish good contact with volunteers, and to respect everyone needs.
They will be involved in association work from Monday to Friday for a maximum 35 hours per week. Weekends will be usually free, but if there are some running projects or activity during the weekend volunteers will be asked for their engaged and will be given free days during week, or in the time they wish.
Tasks Main role and tasks of the volunteers will be:
- Graphic design – making promotional materials (logos, flyers, posters …) and illustrations, creating and designing websites and blogs, creating and facilitating workshops for young people on the subject of graphic design and drawing.
- Activities for young people – making various workshops and activities for young people, helping with studies and surveys, assisting in the daily work of the association and in the mobility programs (exchanges, trainings), participation in different local volunteer initiatives, promotion of volunteering, preparing and implementing volunteer activities with local volunteers.
- Information and Marketing – promotion of association activities and of EVS programme, collecting information and news for the website and social media, recording and editing short movies and teasers (for summer festival, exchanges, trainings, camps, EVS…), helping with Eurodesk activities and writing articles for European youth portal, making guerilla marketing for different projects.
- International Youth Summer camps – preparation and making of the summer camp (making the garden, kitchen place, helping with making furniture, putting up the tents…), cleaning the environment, during the camp helping in the kitchen (cooking and serving meals) and helping with activities of the summer camps.
- Other activities – distributing flyers, writing projects, doing workshops of foreign languages (volunteers learn local people their language), helping with decorating and painting student dormitory, creating a database for various areas, presentation of program activities of the association, doing crow funding, inter generation solidarity (helping with workshops for elderly people), doing theater plays for high school pupils and for young people with disabilities.
The call is opened young people from 20 till 30 coming from Portugal, Finland, France, Cyprus, Germany, Spain and Portugal who want to work on self-development. Volunteers should have a mature, open-heart personality. They should believe in and enjoy working with and for young people because this is the major type of person they will be working for and with. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-reliant, responsible, tolerant and open-minded volunteers.
Volunteers should be interested in children and youth work, youth politics, art and culture and youth information work – willing to participate in the social and community life – would like to help creating and implementing projects, initiatives, activities for youth – interested in different cultures and in intercultural learning – mature to work and to relate to other young people with fewer opportunities and willing to develop activities with sense of responsibility – willing to share his/her experience and culture – have good knowledge of English language – like to spend time in the nature and willing to spend time in the campsite.
Volunteers who apply will be placed in their own flat near the office with the possibility to spend some time in the campsite during the summer where international summer camps are taking place. Volunteers will have covered:
- Travel expenses,
- local transport,
- health insurance,
- Croatian language course,
- visa as well as accommodation and utilities,
- EUR 140 money allowance for food
- EUR 90 pocket money per month
How to Apply?
All interested in this project need to send their CV and motivation letter to e-mail address: email@example.com with the title “EVS Community agents”. After receiving your application, the organizers will send you more details about the project and also questionnaire that you will need to fill up. The last step is Skype talk in order to discuss about the project, ask you some questions and answer to your questions after which the final decision will be made.
For more informations please check the web-site