Open to: candidates with 3-5 years of work experience with a relevant permit to live and work in Germany
Remuneration: standard probation period and competitive salary based on experience
You like working with international clients, are interested in the EU and enjoy working independently – often in virtual teams? Then this position may be the perfect fit for you! EMDESK GmbH is a young and growing software company based in Berlin and Erfurt, Germany. The organization is currently recruiting a Business Development and Operations Professional to drive their continued growth and shape EMDESK’s further organisational development and Operations. The EMDESK culture is dynamic, flexible, result-oriented and values both autonomy and mutually supportive team work. EMDESK is a web-based collaboration and project management product developed especially for European research projects in FP7 and Horizon 2020. An integrated and secure platform, EMDESK supports the entire project life-cycle with essentially three function areas.
The Business Development and Operations Professional will have an important function working on Account Management, Sales and Marketing, as well as Operations. You will be a core member of a small team of professionals driving the EMDESK business to new heights.
The candidate can choose to be based either at the organization’s main office in Erfurt or join their Head of Business Development at a bright Co-Working Space in Berlin Kreuzberg with a daily exchange (personal or via Skype) with the team members in Erfurt and Berlin. The position may involve some travel within Europe. Home Office Days are possible.
The work-related tasks will include:
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with the clients and related networks founded on trust and integrity to facilitate opportunities;
- Identify, approach and convert new opportunities and extract more value from current ones;
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns and optimise sales strategies;
- Plan and manage communications (website, social media, communication materials, presentations, mailings);
- Respond to inbound inquiries and take leads through sales process (phone / email);
- Interface between customer and product development;
- Monitor, create and improve operational processes;
- Handle daily office management and administrative tasks.
Are you eligible to apply?
All applicants must already have the relevant permits to live and work in Germany.
The ideal candidate should also have:
- Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in an EU environment or research management area;
- Excellent written and spoken English, German desirable;
- Strong communication skills and a customer-oriented work attitude, able to communicate clearly and competently both orally and in writing, excellent phone manner;
- Internet affinity and proficiency in MS Office tools;
- Interest in IT and willingness to learn about the product;
- Strong work ethic, independent and outgoing personality;
- Interest in and basic knowledge of EU institutions and processes;
- Enjoy working in a highly committed team.
This is a full time position with a permanent contract with standard probation period and competitive salary based on experience.
Please send your application consisting of cover letter and CV in English as a single PDF document to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role highlighting relevant experience. Please state your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date. The email subject must read: Application Business Development & Operations.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interviews will be held in Berlin or Erfurt.
Check the official call.