Deadline: 27 February 2015 for applicants from Kosovo municipalities Mitrovica, Skenderaj and Vushtri/ 5 March 2015 for applicants from Kosovo and Serbia
Open to: young women from Kosovo and Serbia
Venue: 23-29 March 2015 in Kosovo or Macedonia/ 8-14 June 2015 in Kosovo or Macedonia
Young Women’s Academy is a Kvinna till Kvinna training program for young women from the Caucasus and the Balkans. Its aim is to increase young women’s leadership, advocacy and communication skills and strengthen their capacity to influence policymakers at a local and international level for a positive change.
The Academy offers a unique training program which will empower young women to play an active role in their communities. In addition, a mentorship scheme within the framework of the Academy will ensure support and guidance throughout the process of small project ideas to be implemented by the selected participants. The Academy’s participants will be encouraged to articulate advocacy messages on the issues of interest and address these to policymakers.
In 2015, the Programme includes:
- Academy module I, 23 – 29 March, 2015 in Kosovo or Macedonia (for all participants). This module will include fundamental concepts and theories in advocacy, communication and negotiation;
- Academy module II, 8 – 14 June 2015 in Kosovo or Macedonia (for all participants). This module will provide advanced skills and theory on advocacy, communication and negotiation. It also gives participants an opportunity to elaborate and implement small project ideas;
- Participation in the mentorship programme (optional). Participants will benefit from a group mentorship component as a support during the implementation of small projects ideas and in designing advocacy initiatives in their communities or at national and international level;
- Small projects ideas to be implemented (optional);
- Participation at an international training with follow-up activities, during the autumn of 2015, internationally (for selected candidates).
The Academy is open to young women, students, graduates and professionals. The program is now open for applicants from Kosovo and Serbia.
There is no participation fee. The Academy covers all costs related to travel, accommodation and meals.
In order to apply you should fill in the application form available in English, Albanian, Serbian; and submit it by email to: email@example.com.
Applicants from Kosovo municipalities Mitrovica, Skenderaj and Vushtri should write in the subject line “Application-Kosovo” and apply by 27 February 2015.
Applicants from other Kosovo municipalities or Serbia should write in the subject line “Application – Kosovo & Serbia” the deadline is 5 March 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.