Deadline: 20 February, 2015
Open to: students coming from Macedonia
Prize: a study trip to Vienna and visit at the OSCE Headquarters
The OSCE Mission to Skopje is pleased to announce an essay competition on the “Role of the OSCE in today’s world”, as part of the series of activities to mark the 40th anniversary of the Helsinki Act.
In 2015, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) will mark 40 years since the signing of the Helsinki Final Act. This anniversary represents a unique opportunity to reaffirm the participating States’ commitment to the concept of comprehensive, co-operative, equal and indivisible security and to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
- The role of the OSCE as the world’s largest regional security organization and its evolution in the future;
- The OSCE Human Dimension Commitments in the fields of human rights, democracy and rule of law and their relevance in the country;
- The role of the OSCE Mission in the country and its contribution to resolving challenges in different areas (for example: education, interethnic relations, human rights, rule of law, good governance, police, etc.)
Paper proposals on other topics related to the work of OSCE are also welcomed.
The best three papers will win a study trip to Vienna and visit at the OSCE Headquarters.
How to Apply?
- All interested undergraduate and post-graduate students (enrolled in a university in the country) are invited to submit essay proposals;
- Interested students should email a proposal in English (maximum 300 words) to Mihajlo.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 February, 2015;
- The selected proposals will be invited to submit a full essay in English, Macedonian or Albanian (maximum 3.000 words) that will be evaluated by an internal commission through a blind review process;
- Selected participants will be invited to a one-day study visit at the OSCE Mission in Skopje.
Phone: +389 2 323 4615
Mobile: +389 70 358 920