Open to: everyone interested in the topic
EdX offers interactive online classes and MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) from the world’s best universities, colleges and organizations. EdX and the Spanish University Carlos III of Madrid are organizing the free online course “Documentary: New Trends-New Formats”, that will start on February 2015 and will last 8 weeks.
This course features new tendencies and formats of contemporary documentary with focus on innovative works in an interactive and multi-platform context. It includes an overview of essential authors and genres, as well as the contribution of national and international scholars and professionals.
This MOOC is divided into the following segments:
- Documentary film is in vogue.
- Flashback: Introduction to documentary film history.
- WebDoc: Reinventing documentary film on the Internet.
- Cyberactivism and political documentary in a viral ecosystem.
- F for ‘fake’ or false documentary moving to the rhythm of social networking.
- Divulgative documentary: cultural, historical, scientific.
- Creative documentary film in times of crowdfunding.
- Spot Documentary: New strategies in advertising.
This MOOC is open everyone interested in learning new trends in documentaries.
In order to apply you need to create an edX account HERE and then register in the course (course code: PCA.1x).
For further information please visit the official website.