Deadline: 12 December 2014
Open to: young leaders and democracy workers from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Palestine, Yemen or Sweden
Venue: 17 May-5 June 2015 in Sweden(module 1) / 21-27 November 2015 in MENA region (module 2)
The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The YLVP is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future.
The programme comprises of four weeks of intensive work divided into two modules: the first module of the 2015 programme will take place May 17 – June 5 in Sweden and the second module will take place in the MENA region November 21-27.
In order to be eligible for the Young Leaders Visitors Programme candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Palestine, Yemen or Sweden;
- Be between 20-32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme);
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues);
- Work actively for democracy and human rights;
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute will also cover the visa costs and the travel expenses to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region.
In order to apply you must submit the following documents through the application portal:
- A completed YLVP Application Form 2015 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- An updated CV in English;
- A photo (not compulsory).
The deadline to apply is 12 December 2014.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.