Deadline: 31 December 2014
Open to: Master’s degree holders in areas related to Governance or candidates with 5 years of professional experience in a related field coming from any African country
Venue: 22-25 March 2015 in Marrakech, Morocco
The annual residential school on governance and development is part of the Governance for Development in Africa programme that SOAS-University of London run in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. This initiative aims to contribute to and stimulate debate on governance, development, and the relationship between them. About 20 participants from a range of African countries, and representative of the academic, civil society and government sectors will gain, through this training, new ideas and knowledge on the broad issue of governance and development.
The 2015 “Governance and Development in Africa” Residential School will be held in Marrakech, Morocco, 22 to 25 March 2015.
In order to be eligible applicants should:
- Have at least a Masters degree in areas related to Governance or 5 years professional experiences in fields relevant to the theme of Governance and Development in Africa;
- Have knowledge of English and French (the official language of the school is English, however some sessions will be in French).
Preference is given to applicants from North and West Africa.
The organizers will cover accommodation, meals and travel costs (economy flights).
In order to apply interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- CV including email address for correspondence;
- One reference letter (can be email directed by referee);
- Proposal of max 1500 words outlining research interest and/or professional background and how the applicant will benefit from attending the Residential School.
Completed applications should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is 31 December 2014.
For further information please visit the official website.