Deadline: 31 October 2014
Open to: young holders of a university degree in any field
Venue: 11-17 October 2015, McGill University in Montreal, Canada
The International Forum for Young Leaders brings together individuals under 30 years of age who have demonstrated their passion for implementing innovative, entrepreneurial solutions to the world’s most pressing problems, and offering them an opportunity to interact and benefit from each other’s experiences. This is done through:
- Selecting ambitious, persistent young leaders from across the world with the potential to act as change agents in their field, sector, or geographic region;
- Spreading their ideas about how to tackle major human rights and access to justice challenges and effect wide-scale change;
- Supporting an extensive network of former Young Leaders, named McGill Echenberg Fellows, to realize the practical implementation of their vision.
Participants hail from a range of backgrounds, including NGOs, politics, government, academia, the private sector, and the media. Young Leaders participate in a series of skill-developing sessions, workshops, round-table discussions, and cultural events aimed at engaging with the spectrum of issues that affect human rights outcomes, in addition to keynotes, panels and debates featuring prominent international human rights voices. The Forum is at the core of the Fourth Echenberg Family Conference on Human Rights, which will be held at McGill University in Montreal from October 11-17, 2015, and is organized by the Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be under 30 years of age as of July 31, 2015;
- Hold a university degree in any field;
- Possess high oral proficiency in English; and
- Have shown leadership, innovation, creativity, and/or entrepreneurship in your area of focus.
For the selected candidates, all conference costs will be covered, including travel expenses to and from Montreal, accommodation, meals and visa expenses.
Within your application package you will need to provide:
- A completed application form;
- a photocopy of an official ID confirming your age;
- two letters of recommendation;
- proof of university graduation;
Please send : firstname.lastname@example.org