Deadline: 10 November 2014
Open to: EU citizens with university degree and experience in the relevant field
Remuneration: € 4,380 monthly
Cedefop (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training) invites applications to draw up a reserve list of candidates for the positions of an Expert in Research and Policy Analysis on Education, Training and Skills, grade AD 5, M/F. Cedefop is the European Agency to promote the development of vocational education and training (VET) in the European Union. It is a forum for policy analysis and research and is a recognised partner in the policy and scientific debates on VET.
The overall responsibility of the jobholder is to support Cedefop in further developing and advancing policy-relevant research and comparative analysis. Depending on the job holder’s profile and expertise, and the Centre’s priorities, s/he will work in the following fields:
- analysis of initial and continuing vocational education and training developments,
- analysis of qualification developments and the common EU tools and principles,
- analysis of labour market developments and skill needs.
- be citizens of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- hold a university degree in a relevant field (such as education, economics, sociology, statistics, political sciences or VET related fields);
- have at least 2 years of full-time equivalent professional experience in at least one of the following fields:
- monitoring and evaluation of vocational education and training systems, policies or programmes;
- research and policy analysis in VET and qualifications;
- research on economics of education, labour economics, labour market developments and skill needs.
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union
The position is based in Greece, Thessaloniki. The contract is for five years with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will undergo a probation period of 9 months. The successful candidate will be recruited in grade AD 5. The basic monthly salary for grade AD 5 (step 1) is approximately € 4,380.
Application deadline is 10 November 2014 at 15.00 Greek time (CET + 1).
Applications are submitted only HERE. In addition to filling in the application form, you must also attach a detailed CV preferably using the Europass format, copies of diploma and/or certificates, a letter of motivation of not more than two pages and copies of two relevant publications.
It is intended to hold tests and interviews in Cedefop’s seat in Thessaloniki, Greece on 22-23 January 2015.