Deadline: 31 October 2014
Open to: recent graduates from EU with good command of at least two EU languages
Scholarship: a monthly grant of 1,000 EUR
The Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) is a non-profit-making European agency based in Alicante, Spain. The Office’s investment in e-Business tools allows to work with companies from all over the world via the Internet. The mission of the Office is to manage the Community Trade Mark and Community Design registration systems. In order to do so, the Office carries out examination, registration, opposition and cancellation procedures for Community Trade Marks and examination, registration and invalidity procedures for registered Community Designs.
The OHIM organises traineeships for young university graduates, organised in two periods lasting five months each. These traineeships consist of work experience in one of the services of the Office. They commence on 1 February (Spring training period) and 1 September (Autumn training period) of each year. The traineeships aim principally to:
- provide training in industrial property and more specifically in trade mark law;
- extend and apply knowledge acquired in the course of studies or working life;
- enable trainees to acquire personal experience through the contacts they make in their everyday work.
The traineeship at the OHIM is open to:
- recent graduates from EU Member States with a very good understanding of at least two EU languages (one of which should be an official language of OHIM – Spanish, English, French, German or Italian);
- recent graduates from non-member states who are proficient in at least one of the official languages of OHIM.
Trainees will be awarded a monthly grant. The amount of the grant is determined by the Traineeships Office on a yearly basis. The current amount of the basic grant is EUR 1,000 per month (as from 01/01/2013).
The OHIM is only able to accept applications made using the online application form. The application form will ask you to attach a curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and scanned copies of your university certificates. It is important that you specify your preferences with regard to the department to which you wish to be attached.
There are two deadlines during the year:
- 31 October (for February training period)
- 31 March (for September training period)
For further information please visit the official website.