Deadline: 15 August 2014
Open to: graduates with master’s degree in human geography
Scholarship: salary in pay grade 50-57 (NOK 416 600 – 468 400 per annum)
There is a vacant position at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography for a research fellow in human geography. The position is for a period of up to 4 years with 25 % compulsory work (primarily teaching). The Department Human Geography is divided into two core areas. Research fellows should have research interests within one or more of these areas:
1. Development in third-world countries, politics, and the environment;
2. Urban and regional development.
Applicants for the position of research fellow must have a master’s degree/second-level degree in human geography. The master’s thesis must has been submitted before the application deadline.
- Salary in pay grade 50-57 (NOK 416 600 – 468 400 per annum), depending on competence;
- A pleasant working environment;
- A good pension scheme through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund;
- Good welfare benefits.
The electronic application should include:
- A letter of application;
- Project proposal (5-10 pages) which should include the topic, relevant theory and methods and a work plan. If the project requires field work or data collection, costs must be calculated and presented in a budget;
- CV with full summary of education, practice and academic work. The period of enrollment (admission-completion) in the master’s study programme must be specified;
- Copies of certificates and references;
- Master’s thesis – please note that there is no separate prompt for uploading your thesis in the electronic application. Your thesis must therefore be uploaded as “attachment”;
- Complete list of publications and any academic work.
The hiring process will include an interview. In addition to an overall evaluation of the applicant’s grades, particular emphasis will be placed on the quality of the project proposal and the master’s thesis.
For further information, please visit the official website.