Deadline: 11 July 2014
Open to: youth workers from Youth in Action programme countries
Venue: 14-21 September in Cyprus
Youth work has become more and more important for personal and social development of young people, but before empowering others a youth worker has to be empowered and competent.
“Give power to empower” is a training course designed to empower youth workers in the specific reality of project based–youth work. The training enhances particular competences and provides practical tools and methods for a sustainable youth work and long lasting impact on young people.
The specific objectives of the training course are:
- To empower youth workers on project based reality;
- To understand and facilitate the empowerment process of others;
- To explore principles of non-formal education and experiential learning in order to make them more efficient and applicable in youth work;
- To explore new educational theories, tools and instruments which can lead to youth empowerment;
- To understand how nature and outdoor spaces can be used for youth empowerment;
- To understand how to create sustainable projects with a long lasting impact;
- To support the creation of empowering and sustainable projects in the frame of the Erasmus + Youth in Action program and other funding opportunities.
The training course is organized by the National Agency of Cyprus and will be held on 14-21 September in Cyprus.
The expected participants are youth workers, youth leaders, coaches, project coordinators and mentors from Youth in Action Programme Countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Croatia, Switzerland, Turkey, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Malta, Macedonia, Belgium and Slovak Republic).
This project is financed by the Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the National Agencies involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details.
The deadline to apply is 11 July 2014. Participants will be selected by 31 July 2014.
Before applying please contact the National Agency of your residence country to check if it is involved in this concrete project and committed to cover travel costs. After that, you can apply for this training via SALTO Online Applications.
For further information, direct your questions to Stella Rousou at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +357-22402641.