Deadline: 22 May 2014
Open to: students or graduates of public procurement, international business, corporate finance, communications or marketing
Remuneration: monthly stipend of 900 USD, travel payment of 500 USD
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
UNOPS Sustainable Procurement Practice Group (SPPG) leads the organization’s sustainable procurement and supply chain practice. UNOPS is looking for an intern to support the Sustainable Procurement Practice Group in the areas of Policy & Knowledge Management. The internship is for a period of 6 months with a possible extension.
The selected intern will work as part of a small team, supporting the Sustainable Procurement Practice Group for various deliverables:
- Support the Policy & Knowledge Management team in producing online publications related to services offered by SPPG, procurement training courses, and other knowledge artefacts;
- Conduct research from internal and external sources for the content of the training modules;
- Provide technical and other support to the production of SPPG’s training package on a variety of procurement topics;
- Help design new training materials for topics related to procurement at UNOPS including PowerPoint presentations and webcasts;
- Assist in the coordination of the roll out of the new procurement training strategy by liaising with the participants in the field, training specialist, and content owners;
- Perform other related duties as required. Specific deliverable will be agreed upon based on the qualifications and skills of selected candidate together with the Deputy Director, Procurement Practice;
- The final deliverables and work plan will be agreed upon based on the skills and expertise of the selected applicant.
The intern will be assigned a peer at UNOPS who will be responsible for the successful induction of the intern at UNOPS.
- Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) student, or graduate (within three years prior to the application date)
- Significant course work in specialized studies in public procurement, international business, corporate finance, communications, or marketing will be considered an asset;
- Professional certification in procurement is not required but will be considered an asset;
- No former work experience is required;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required and knowledge of Sharepoint and experience with video editing is an advantage. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, is desirable, but not necessary;
- Strong interest in purchasing and training, with a strong sense of creativity and curiosity in order to support the team in developing the content and implementing the different phases of the new training strategy;
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an asset.
You might be eligible to a monthly stipend of 900 USD, provided that you are not receiving funding for other institutions. You might also be eligible for a one time lump sum travel payment of 500 USD.
Application deadline is 22 May 2014 midnight, Copenhagen time (CET). Apply online HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.