Deadline: 5 May 2014
Open to: resident in one of the Council of Europe’s member states other than the Russian Federation; aged 18-30
Venue: 22 – 27 June 2014, Kaluga region, Russian Federation
Intercultural dialogue is one of the key missions of the Council of Europe, along with promoting democracy, human rights and the rule of law. Young people are crucial actors in this process acting as the main stakeholders of societies who are freer from the prejudice,
discrimination and segregation that have characterised most of Europe for the past decades.
The International Youth Camp “Dialogue” 2014 aims to consolidate the efforts and experiences of youth and ethno-cultural organizations from the Russian Federation, the Commonwealth of Independent States and Council of Europe member states for promotion of values and ideas of Intercultural Dialogue on local level.
The VI International Youth Camp “Dialogue” will take place from 22 to 27 of June 2014 in Kaluga region, Russian Federation, at the cultural-educational touristic centre “Ethnomir”.
- aged between 18-30;
- resident in one of the Council of Europe’s member states other than the Russian Federation;
- motivated to participate in the camp and engage in the learning process;
- an experience in intercultural, interethnic or interreligious youth events;
- able to work in Russian;.
- an interest in the development of intercultural dialogue;
- committed to act as a multiplier;
willing to participate in all activities foreseen for the whole duration of the camp programme;
- a member of a youth organisation (at local, regional or national level) or be specialist in the field of youth policy at federal, regional or local level.
Priority will be given to the participants who are able to communicate in the Russian language.
Food, accommodation and travel expenses for a total of 25 European participants will be covered by the Council of Europe.
Application deadline is 5 May 2014. You can apply online HERE.
For more information please read the official call HERE.