Deadline: 21 April 2014
Open to: university students or recent graduates in journalism, media and communication
Remuneration: 9024 SEK/month (1000 Eur)
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation has since 1980 given out awards, often called the “Alternative Nobel Prizes”. The prizes are presented every year to four outstanding individuals or organisations in the fields of peace, human rights, and the environment. The Stockholm-based office of the foundation has four staff members and usually one or two trainees. Currently they are searching for a Communications Assistant. The internship will last 6 months, from August 2014 to January 2015. The exact period can be discussed. This is a full-time position.
Main tasks of the trainee:
- Website management, content and promotion;
- Maintenance, content, promotion and development of social media platforms;
- Multi-media management;
- Press work;
- General office support.
- University studies (ongoing or recently finished), or other education in journalism, media and communication;
- Experience with online journalism and online promotion;
- Multimedia skills such as video-editing, photo management and graphic design;
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, and Typo3 is an advantage;
- Knowledge about and interest in social, environmental, human rights and/or development questions;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- French, Spanish, German or Swedish can be beneficial.
Salary for the traineeship is 9024 SEK/month (before tax), which makes approximately 1000 EUR.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (letter of motivation, CV and contact details for two reference persons) to email@example.com.
Your complete application must reach the office latest Monday 21 April 2014.
For more information visit the official website HERE.