Deadline: 10 April, 2014
Open to: candidates with B.A. degree in social science (political science, EU integration, communication or similar) and with preferably 3 years of experience in information-sharing activities and 2 years of experience in civil society sector
Remuneration: not specified
Balkan Civil Society Development Network (BCSDN) is looking for a young, vibrant, and creative individual to join their team in the capacity of an Information and Communication Officer. The Information and Communication Officer should have a strong interest and passion for Civil Society as well as a good knowledge of regional Civil Society development issues.
It is expected that the candidate will manage and execute regular information-sharing activities incl. Bi-weekly alerts, newsletter, organizations website and sub-websites and supports outreach per organizations events and promotion of results and achievements; will coordinates preparation of design, print and will take care of visual identity of BCSDN; will follow regional and global initiatives related to BCSDN work and networking possibilities.
- B.A. degree in social science, preferably in political science, EU integration, communication or similar
- Preferably 3 years of experience in information-sharing activities
- Preferably 2 years of experience in the civil society sector
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media management (Web design and graphic design basics will be considered as an advantage)
- Knowledge of local languages (Albanian, Serbian/Croatian etc. ) is an asset
So if you have the passion for communication, and if you are committed to the development of civil society in a free and open society and meet the FULL REQUIREMENTS (in English) (in Macedonian) APPLY BY 10th of April, 2014 by sending your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Information and Communication Officer” as subject.