Deadline: 21 April 2014
Open to: candidates with University degree in legal sciences/economics, business, finances and at least 5 years working experience in the field
Remuneration: 20,800 USD allocated for the salaries and all work related costs of both senior consultants for 12 months
Making the Most of EU Funds for Roma (MtM) and local self-government authorities of Shuto Orizari, Skopje, Macedonia identified as vital priority to establish 12 months cooperation in order to accelerate the advancement of local governance structures for implementation of local development programs through EU funding instruments. Therefore, 2 consultants, one lawyer and one economic development expert are needed.
The consultants will closely work with the Mayor, municipal council and local administration focused to ensure effective realization of municipal strategic plans and priorities. One expert will work on legal issues while the second expert will work on economic development issues. In addition, the senior consultants will be engaged in the professional development of two young Roma graduates through peer to peer coaching.
- University degree in legal sciences/economics, business, finances;
- At least 5 years working experience in the field;
- Excellent knowledge of the laws relevant to local government/the process of preparation of project proposals ;
- Excellent knowledge of English and computer literacy.
MtM offers financial package for compensating the engagement of two senior consultants and two junior (Roma) interns for full time work, 12 months. The total budget frame of the call is maximum 32.000 USD out of which 65% shall be allocated for the salaries and all work related costs of senior consultants and 30% for engagement of two Roma interns. The remaining 5% of the budget should cover the expenses on logistics and admin costs.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents by mail to Shejla Fidani- Program coordinator : email@example.com by 21 April 2014:
- Personal Curriculum Vitae (CV) of senior consultants, including academic and professional background, history of previous engagement on similar posts, projects or programs.
- At least two reference letters for work with Roma or other marginal groups, and work with state institutions at central or local level.
- Working methodology by which they will work towards achieving the development goals of the municipality (action plan with proposed time frame and target indicators, key success results).
- Methodology for knowledge transfer and strengthening the capacities of junior Roma assistants/interns (plan of action, training curricula, performance indicators and measurement tools).
- Describe the methodology for identifying potential internship candidates, selection criteria and decision making procedures.
Read the official call HERE.