Deadline: 21 April 2014 and 31 October 2014
Open to: international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers
Fellowship: travel cost, health insurance, a monthly stipend of 2,250 Turkish Lira
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply;
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey;
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research;
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger for post-doctoral researchers;
- Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students;
- Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months with monthly stipend of 2,250 Turkish Liras.
Travel costs (round trip up to 1,000 US $) and health insurance premiums (up to 1,200 US $) will be also provided. In case of approval of TÜBİTAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (BİDEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
In case of approval of TÜBİTAK BİDEB Steering Committee, research grant up to 5,000 Turkish Liras for consumable expenses in the proposed research may be given.
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2014 are 21 April and 31 October 2014.
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete application process, applicants must approve their applications until 17.30 p.m. on the application deadline.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the fellowship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their fellowships.
Required documents for application:
- Copy of birth certificate or passport;
- Curriculum vitae for the applicant;
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge;
- Research proposal;
- An invitation or a motivation letter from the scientist in charge;
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts;
- Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution;
- Language certificate;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Student certificate for PhD students;
- Copy of PhD Diploma for post-doctoral researchers.
For further information, please visit the official website.