Deadline: 28 February 2014
Open to: youth organizations established in African and European countries
Prize: Award during the Youth Summit 31 March-1 April 2014 in Brussels
The strengthening of youth organisations and youth movements is critical for development in general and in particular for developing youth policies that will allow for sustainable cooperation among African and European youth.
For the 3rd Africa Europe Youth Leaders Summit that will be held on March 31-April 1 in Brussels, Belgium, they want to give recognition and acknowledgement of the work done by youth in the cooperation between Africa and Europe.
Criteria of the project:
- The project has to be implemented by youth NGO, Youth councils, and member organisations of YFJ, PYU, ADYNE, NIYOA and AC. The project can be done in partnership with other organisations and institutions;
- The project must have youth as their main target group;
- The project must have a strong Africa-EU dimension;
- The project must fit into one of the priorities for the Summit (Youth Leadership, Youth Entrepreneurship, Youth for Peace);
- The project must be an event, group of events or program that has taken place between 1 December 2010 and 28th February 2014.
The call is targeted at youth organizations established in African and European countries:
- Youth organizations in Africa and Europe that develop projects in the youth field and in the African-Europe dimension;
- Youth member’s organizations from Pan African Youth Union (PYU), European Youth Forum (YFJ), African Diaspora Youth Network in Europe (ADYNE), Network of International Youth Organizations (NIYOA) and Advisory Council on Youth of the Council of Europe (AC) based in Africa and Europe.
Three projects implemented from December 2010 to February 2014 based on priorities of Africa-Europe Youth Dimension will be presented and will receive an Award during the Youth Summit at the Gala diner gathering Youth Leaders, Ambassadors and Business personalities of both continents.
Members of the 5 permanent partners of the Africa-Europe Youth Platform can apply with projects to award recognition. The applications must not exceed 2 pages. The application form should include 2 representatives of the project applied and the details of valid passport as requested in the application. The applications must be sent to email@example.com until 28 February 2014, 23:59 GMT.
For more information visit the official website HERE.