Deadline: 28 February/12 September 2014
Open to: non-Turkish candidates, holding a Bachelor or Master Degree
Scholarship: monthly stipend of 1500 TL for Master students, 1800 TL for PhD students, tuition fee, health insurance allowance
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
Applicants must :
- be maximum 30 years old for the MSc/MA programs and maximum 35 years old for the PhD programs;
- be non-Turkish citizens; applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in their fourth year of college to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs; applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible if they have not yet completed their third semester in the program;
- hold an MSc/MA degree or be currently enrolled in a master’s program to enroll in a PhD program; applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply if they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
- A monthly stipend of 1,500 TL (500 EUR) for MSc/MA students;
- A monthly stipend of 1,800 TL (600 EUR) for PhD students;
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only;
- Tuition Fee (Up to 2,000 Turkish Liras).
Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program. All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master’s program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
- Application form (This form is filled electronically on the online application portal);
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information);
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (if any);
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (if any);
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two reference letters;
- Certificates of achievement (if any).
* The documents must be English or Turkish. Officially translated copy of the documents can be used in the application.
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2014 are:
I. Period : 13 January 2014 – 28 February 2014
II. Period : 4 August 2014 – 12 September 2014
While proof of acceptance to a graduate program is not a prerequisite to apply for the scholarship, awards will only be granted on the condition of enrollment in a graduate program within one year of the notification of the award.
The responsibility of gaining acceptance to a graduate program in Turkey belongs to the candidate. Candidates must meet all requirements for admission as set by respective universities.
For more information visit the official website HERE.
2 thoughts on “Graduate Scholarship Programme for International Students, Turkey”
I m engenier of biochemistry i havent work experiece.i pracitice right now in hospital.its nesssery to have maximum 30 years old cause im only 23.im intereset about master degree in natural science
I was recommended this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is
written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
You are amazing! Thanks!