Deadline: 15 February 2014 (extended deadline)
Open to: undergraduate students of anthropology, ethnology, sociology, media and other social and humanities sciences
Benefits: accommodation, meals and free access to all parts of ETNOFILm Festival
ETNOFILm Festival is a platform for the promotion of ethnographic film and the system of categorization of the films in the competition is indicative of Festival’s diversity. On one hand, a production of ethnographic film is encouraged in the strictest disciplinary sense of the word – meaning films whose authors are trained ethnologists/anthropologists – and on the other hand, the Festival also affirms non-disciplinary films and a heterogenic approach to the filed.
Organizers are looking for a small but motivated group of six volunteers (3 local and 3 international volunteers) to help out during the festival by:
- Promoting the festival in Rovinj during the festival (handing out flyers and working at the information and sales point (selling promotional material from the festival – bags, T-shirts, postcards, badges);
- Assisting with the hospitality of our guests (jury members and participating authors);
- Working at the entrance of the screenings (greeting the audience, making sure the doors are open and closed on time, assisting the technical and organization teams);
- Assisting with the accompanying festival program;
- Generally helping out with the day to day logistics of the festival;
- Having fun and enjoying some great documentaries.
The Ethnographic Museum of Istria is pleased to invite all young students of anthropology, ethnology, sociology, media and other social and humanities sciences to join in making the 6th International Ethnographic film festival –ETNOFILm in Rovinj, Croatia (24-26 April 2014).
Due to the limited spaces for volunteering please be advised that preference will be given to applicants who speak several languages and who have a background in (visual) anthropology.
The organizers will not be able to cover the volunteers travel expenses, but volunteers will be offered free lunch and accommodation during the festival. Upon request the volunteers can receive a certificate of volunteering.
The deadline for applying is extended to 15th of February 2014.
In order to apply for the position organizers kindly ask that you submit:
- Application form
- A short (one page maximum) motivation letter. Tell why you want to be a part of the team? Do you have any previous experience in volunteering for ethnographic or other film festivals? Why are you interested in ethnographic film?
Please send your application and any further questions to volunteer coordinator Ljiljana Pantovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please visit the official website.