Deadline: 20 January 2014
Open to: Participants from EU-28, aged 16 – 30
Prizes: The prize for the best project is €5000, the second, €3000 and the third, €2000
The European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen invite young people from all the EU member states to participate in a competition on EU development, integration and European identity issues.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension.
- Applicants should be 16-30 years old
- The participants must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union
- Participants can apply, either individually or in groups; in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country
- Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible
The projects submitted for the competition must have started and:
a) finished within the calendar year (12 months) preceding the current application deadline or
b) be still running.
The prize for the best project is €5000, the second, €3000 and the third, €2000. As part of the prize, the three final laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg). Also, the representatives of all the 28 national projects selected will be invited to a four-day trip in Aachen, Germany.
The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
You can submit your application HERE. The application deadline is 20 January 2014.