Deadline: 15 December 2013
Open to: experienced and new activists and members of the Union of European Federalists and Young European Federalists (JEF)
Venue: 15-16 February 2014 in Paris, France
The Union of European Federalists (UEF) is a non-governmental and supranational organisation dedicated to the promotion of a democratic and federal Europe.
The Federalist Debate & Training Weekend is an international seminar for experienced and new activists and members of UEF and JEF (Young European Federalists), who are interested in discussing federalism and current European political issues from a federalist perspective and to engage into a practical training on campaigning for a federal Europe and specifically for the European Parliament elections.
With a focus on the European elections, the training aims to consolidate a network of national, regional, local focal points for UEF campaign for the elections.
The weekend will be organised around three main elements:
- Politics – a panel on current political issues that could become topical in the election campaign;
- Federalism– a panel on a structural federalist topic relevant in the current debate and in the European elections);
- Campaining – a practical campaign-oriented session and 3 workshops on matters related to the European elections.
A draft agenda of the weekend is AVAILABLE HERE.
Participants requiring accomodation:
- No participation fee, No travel reimbursement.
- Accommodation and catering directly covered by the seminar organisers (Friday and Saturday night in double rooms; Saturday breakfast, snack lunch and dinner ; Sunday breakfast and snack lunch; all coffee breaks)
- For those requesting a single room, a surcharge of 80 Euro applies (covers both nights).
Participants are requested to provide a copy of their tickets as UEF needs to evidence participants’ travel costs as own contribution and co-financing of the event.
Participants non-requiring accommodation:
- Participation fee of 35 Euro.
- Catering directly covered by the seminar organisers (Saturday snack lunch and dinner; Sunday snack lunch; all coffee breaks)
- For participants not joining the dinner on Saturday, the participation fee is reduced to 20 Euros.
You can apply by filling out the application form HERE. The deadline for application is Sunday 15 December 2013.
Accepted participants will be notified by email by Friday 21 December 2013. To confirm participation, accepted participants will be required to pay a confirmation fee of 100 Euro by Wednesday 2 January 2014. The confirmation fee will be returned in cash in Paris at the start of the seminar. Past the deadline, all unconfirmed participants will be replaced by other applicants.
Send any questions to email@example.com. Please see the official website HERE for further details.