Deadline: 15 November 2013
Open to: candidates employed at a News Agency of a CEI Member State
Fellowship: €1,500 per month
In the context of the establishment of the ANSA New Europe Portal the Central European Initiative (CEI) will award one (non taxable) fellowship of €1,500 per month for the duration of seven months, renewable for another seven months, for a young journalist from a CEI country.
The selected candidate will join the Secretariat of the Central European Initiative (CEI) in Trieste, Italy. On the basis of his/her curriculum and professional experience, he/she will cooperate with the CEI staff and ANSA staff in Trieste for the initial phase of operation of the ANSA New Europe Portal and its development. He/She will also carry out tasks linked to communication and information as well as other CEI activities in the field of media.
Description of duties:
- Elaboration of any material useful for publication in the Portal, including statements from institutional/high ranking representatives of CEI member countries, as well as ad hoc interviews with Ministers, prominent civil society leaders and other stakeholders, high-level representatives of Academia, Science and Technology and Industry;
- Liaising with the ANSA Office in Trieste;
- Liaising with news agencies and media of CEI Member States;
- Drafting press releases, organising press conferences and preparing material for the CEI website under the supervision of the CEI Senior Officer in charge of media and communication;
- Assistance in the organisation of CEI meetings and events including: preparation and distribution of documents and background material for the media; follow-up activities, such as website updating, press clipping and updating of media mailing list;
- Communication activities related to the implementation of EU-funded projects.
- Employed at a News Agency of a CEI Member State: priority will be given to candidates from non-EU countries;
- Up to 35 years of age;
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of Italian, both spoken and written;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To apply for the post, please send your CV (Europass format) including permission of the Personal Data Protection Code, a motivation letter, two referral letters and a letter of authorisation for the secondment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application documents are to be sent at the latest by 15 November 2013, mentioning in the subject “Advanced Training Programme Application”.
Read the official call HERE for more details.