Deadline: 13 September 2013
Open to: women, or someone who identifies as a woman, 18 years of age or older residing in an EU member state, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro and Albania
Prize: invitations to the ICT2013 event in Lithuania and recognition and showcasing of winners’ work
The 2013 Digital Woman of the Year Award is destined for a woman, 18 years of age or older, who lives and/or works in Europe and distinguishes herself through leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship, social-focus and/or innovative discoveries, and who is positively impacting the number of girls and women participating in digitally-driven or digitally-enabled areas of study or work, in one or more of the following capacities:
- In the ICT sector, as a promising young potential or executive in a prominent public, private or academic sector IT organisation;
- Through work in entertainment or media, including social media;
- In commercialisation of an innovative digital concept, tool and/or service;
- Through focus on not-for-profit or social work, community-orientation, humanitarian activities (including ICT4Good, health, planet, well-being, etc.); and/or
- Through step-change research & development activities in the private or public sectors, academic excellence, digital/social innovations.
On 7 October 2013, three finalists for the 2013 Digital Woman of the Year Award will be announced on the official website and subsequently publicised on communication channels of the Award Partners.
The 2013 Digital Woman of the Year Award winner will be announced at the ICT 2013 event, 6-8 November 2013 in Vilnius, Lithuania, where her work as well as that of the finalists and other submissions for the Award, will be showcased.
The Award winner may be eligible to attend an Award Ceremony and/or other related showcasing activities for the Awards at ICT 2013.
Participants must be 18 years of age or older as of 13 September 2013.
Entrants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- The nominee is a woman, or someone who identifies as a woman who is 18 years of age or older
- The nominee is resident in EU member states, plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro and Albania.
- Complete all aspects of your nomination on the submission form
- Submitted videos can be no longer than 3 minutes
- All pre-produced material such as music must be approved for use or license free, or creative commons licensed
Please follow this link to submit a nomination for the 2013 Digital Woman of the Year Award. To download a list of the nomination questions please click here. Before submitting a nomination, please read the below taking special care to have understood the Terms and Conditions HERE.
13 September 2013 at 18:00 GMT is the deadline for submission of completed nominations. Please refer to the 2013 Award Calendar for additional timing and deadlines.
For more information about the 2013 Digital Woman of the Year Award or to become an award partner or sponsor, please contact the organizers HERE!
The official website is AVAILABLE HERE.