Deadline: 21 August 2013
Open to: creators, artists, technologists, social innovators, cultural activists who have prior experience and engagement in public performance, demonstration, and activism campaigns from Germany, Greece, Jordan, and Cyprus
Venue: 15-24 October 2013 in Thessaloniki, Greece
The Artivists for Change Workshop will focus on Activism and its relation to Creativity, Art, Design and Social Innovation. Participants will be asked to discuss their own practices and analyze their impact, and most important to plan, develop and implement a series of public interventions in Thessaloniki that raise awareness on the social, political, environmental and other issues. The workshop will take place from 15-24 October 2013, in Thessaloniki, Greece, with participants from Cyprus, Germany, Greece, and Jordan.
The public interventions of the workshop will be presented as a parallel program of the 3rd Thessaloniki Performance Festival of the 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, organized by the Greek State Museum of Contemporary Art. The Artivists for Change Workshop is financially supported by the European Cultural Foundation.
Artivists for Change is one of the projects supported by the Cultural Innovators Network (C.I.N.). C.I.N. is a joint project of more than 20 Goethe-Institutes around the Mediterranean, coordinated by the Goethe-Institut Alexandria. It is a platform for communication, exchange and learning provided for young active civil society members from Europe and the MENA region.
For more details on the theme of the workshop, what is offered and on how and where to apply, please check the open call guidelines HERE. The project partners include: TheatrEtc (Cyprus); Spring Lessons im Aufbau Haus Berlin (Germany); DYNAMO (Greece); and Jordan Open Source Association (Jordan).
Travel costs (for participants from Cyprus, Germany, Jordan); accommodation (for participants from Cyprus, Germany, Jordan), insurance (for all participants), food expenses (for all participants), and visa expenses (visa is required for participants from Jordan) will be fully covered by the organizers.
This open-call is for international creators, artists, social innovators, technologists, cultural activists who have prior experience and engagement in public performance and demonstration. In order to secure participants from different creative fields they have allocated four different target groups of participants, one for each country.
The four distinct target groups are:
- Cyprus: Performance / Theatre / Dance / Cultural Activism
- Germany: Performance / Social Innovation / Cultural Activism
- Greece: Performance / Visual Arts / Applied Arts / Architecture
- Jordan: Digital Art & Content Activism / Technology for public good (technology activism)
The Deadline for Applications is 21 August 2013. Your application should include a portfolio of works, a creative CV, and a motivation letter. Applicants are required to send their dossier by email (up to 5 MB max. per application). Audio and video material can be sent by regular mail.
- an up-to-date CV
- a portfolio containing documentation of selected works and up to date projects
- a motivation letter expressing a particular interest in participating in this project (1 page max.)
All documents should be sent in English and in electronic form via email (preferably in pdf-format). Additional Audio and Video material can be sent by regular mail if needed but they must receive them in time. Applicants will be notified of results by 25 August, 2013.
According to your country of residence you must apply directly with the specific partner:
- Applicants from Cyprus please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Natalia Kouhartsiouk) P.O.Box 20458, 2154, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Applicants from Germany please send your application to: email@example.com (contact person: Caram Kapp) Spring Lessons im Aufbau Haus, Prinzenstr. 85D, 10969, Berlin, Germany
- Applicants from Greece please send your application to: Christina@dynamo.org.gr (contact person: Christina Vlachou) DYNAMO, Typou 5 Street, 54625, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Applicants from Jordan please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Kanaan Almanasrah) Jabal Amman 84083, 11181, Amman, Jordan